At FashionPixl.com, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors. FashionPixl.com fully appreciate and respect the importance of data privacy and security on the Internet.
We believe you should feel both informed and empowered when it comes to our handling and usage of your information.
Everything we do relating to your information is covered by the following over-arching data principles:
- Your information belongs to you, not us - you should be able to control it, and you should know about, and be comfortable with, everything that we do with your information;
- We will only collect, use and share your information either for genuine business purposes that we’ve explained clearly to you and that you haven’t objected to, or where we’re legally required to do so, as soon as those purposes have been fully achieved, we will delete your information.
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it, so you are informed and able to make decisions to control your information in the ways you’re comfortable with.
- As long as we have your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information, using appropriate security safeguards, having kept on top of and appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
How do we collect information about you?
In any interaction you may have with FashionPixl.com, we collect information in the following possible ways:
1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, or any time you visit FashionPixl.com, or purchase our products, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information, for example, by filling in text boxes, or clicking on active buttons on our side, like ‘Add to Cart’. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
2. When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, social media is an important part of how FashionPixl.com interacts with our customers.
In using social media (e.g. Facebook or Twitter), you may give us permission to access your information in that social media channel or in other services. So, if you did choose to link your Facebook or Twitter account to FashionPixl.com, this would enable us to obtain information and content from those accounts. Or if you’re using FashionPixl.com on your mobile, you can also choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are.
3. When our systems collect information or data as you use our website, or use websites or apps that are connected to FashionPixl.com (“System Collected Data”)
These days, whenever you use a website, app, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that gets created and recorded automatically by the IT systems necessary to operate that site, app or service. The same is true when you use our websites, apps and services. For example:
- When accessing FashionPixl.com, we use “cookies” (a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit our website, unique to your FashionPixl.com account or your browser) to make it easier for you to use FashionPixl.com, improve your shopping experience with us or so we can record log data relating to the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit.
- In addition, the type of device you’re using to access FashionPixl.com and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and why a crash has happened. What information we can be provided with depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
What information do we collect about you, why do we collect it and what do we do with it?
The easiest way to explain the specific information we collect about you is to look at every different point of interaction you may have with FashionPixl.com, as we collect different information at different points in your user or customer journey with FashionPixl.com. These interaction points include the following:
- Browsing our site.
- Saving an item.
- Registering on FashionPixl.com.
- Logging into FashionPixl.com once registered.
- Making a purchase from FashionPixl.com - i.e. adding to cart, checking out and completing a purchase.
- Contacting FashionPixl.com Customer Service, either about an order or for any other reason.
- Using FashionPixl.com social media channels.
An explanation of what information we collect at each of these interaction points, along with confirmation of whether you directly give it to us, or we collect it with your permission, or whether it is collected by our technical systems, and whether it is “personally identifiable” information or “non-personally identifiable” information.
The IP address of the computer or the proxy server that you use to access FashionPixl.com - this is personally identifiable information;
The type of device used to access our Services, your computer operating system details and settings, your type of web browser and your settings for that browser, the name of your ISP, if you are accessing FashionPixl.com using a mobile device - your mobile device, your mobile operating system, your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system, and location data (if you have that functionality set up) and other general device or systems information.
Statistical information and log data about number of visits to certain pages on the site, the pages you viewed and activities you carried out during your visit, the date and time of your visit, the duration of an individual page view, the paths taken by visitors through the site.
If you are logged in on FashionPixl.com when browsing, a cookie on your device will also identify you, and record and associate all of this non-personally identifiable usage information and log data with your account.
If you are logged in on FashionPixl.com or log in during that same visit, the non-personally identifiable information relating to that saved item will be associated with your account, so that it is then displayed in your ‘Saved Items’ list for the next 60 days or until you remove it from your ‘Saved Items’ list (if earlier).
Registering on FashionPixl.com: In order to place an order with FashionPixl.com, you need to create an account with us and become a registered user. It is not possible to place an order without being logged in on FashionPixl.com. To create an account and register with us, you need to provide us with at least the following Directly Provided Data, all of which will be personally identifiable information:
- Your name.
- Your email address.
- A password.
- Your mobile phone number.
After you create an account and register with us, you can then choose to provide further information about yourself during the registration process. We also provide the option to register for a separate FashionPixl.com Marketplace account, for which you must provide us with at least your name, email address and/or mobile number, and a password. Any further information you provide to us at this stage will also Directly Provided Data, all of which will be personally identifiable information.
When you create an account and register with us, FashionPixl.com will keep that Directly Provided Data for as long as you are registered with us, so that we can then use it to identify you by your FashionPixl.com profile, to operate all the systems (such as delivery systems) to enable you to place an order to purchase products from FashionPixl.com, and to offer you a personalized, relevant experience on FashionPixl.com.
Logging into FashionPixl.com: Once registered, if you wish to log in, you will need to input your email address and password again, which is Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information. This will be matched to the up-to-date Directly Provided Data of the same type associated with your account to confirm your identity, and to enable you to place an order to purchase products from FashionPixl.com.
Purchasing from FashionPixl.com: To purchase products from FashionPixl.com, you will need to do the following:
Click the relevant button on the site to add the product(s) to your cart - at which point our systems will collect this Directly Provided Data relating to the identity, size and other product attributes of the item(s) you’ve added, so the item(s) can then be displayed in your ‘Cart’ until the end of that visit.
We never collect input certain details relating to your credit card, or log-in details for certain other payment systems, such as PayPal or Klarna. This Directly Provided Data will be collected by PayPal.
To complete your order, you finally need to click the relevant button to ‘Checkout’. When we have this Directly Provided Data, we will record the full details of the completed order in our systems for as long as you are registered with us, so we can fullfil and deliver your order, add it to your order history and have a record of your purchases in order to deal with any queries you may have or process any returns you may wish to make, and include it within the financial records of our business transactions.
Contacting FashionPixl.com Customer Service: if you contact our customer service department for any reason, irrespective of which of the available communication channels you use to contact us, we will record the contact and collect all applicable information relating to the contact. Details of the contact with you will be both Directly Provided Data and personally identifiable information, which we will then:
keep and use to help us categorize your specific question or contact, respond to it, and, if applicable, investigate, deal with and resolve any issue or incident, and
keep for so long as you are registered with us so we have a history of all of our communications with you, any issues you may have had with us, and what we did to resolve those issues or incidents, which we can then use to ensure that we deal with any further contacts appropriately.
Protecting your security
We are always striving to make sure your information is protected. As soon as we receive your information, we use various security features and procedures, taking into account industry standards, to try to protect the personal information that you provide and to prevent unauthorized access to that information. For example:
We also offer secure “https” access to the transactional parts of FashionPixl.com website.
Access to your data on FashionPixl.com is password-protected, and sensitive data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the FashionPixl.com Services.
To protect any data you store on our servers, we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, as well as carrying out penetration testing of our own on those systems to try to identify possible improvements.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, however, there are also a number of things that you can help with. You can keep your account safe by using a strong password that includes characters other than just letters.
We will also encourage you not to use the same password across all or many of your online accounts. As emails and similar means of communication are not encrypted, we also would recommend not communicating any confidential information through these means.